In working in women’s health for close to two decades, weight and weight management has consistently become an ongoing topic with the majority of women seen at Bridger Natural Medicine Clinic of Bozeman, MT... especially as they transition towards menopause.
During the perimenopausal or menopausal transition, all too often a women will put on 5, 10, perhaps 15 extra pounds right around the mid-section during this time of hormonal fluctuations. This area of weight gain has proven to be the most difficult to take off no matter how hard someone diet’s and exercises. Calories do not regulate metabolism. Our hormones regulate metabolism. This is why so many diets fail. Proper hormone restoration and function is instrumental in keeping those unwanted pounds off. However even when someone is doing “all the right things” of eating well and managing their hormones, weight gain can still be frustrating and troublesome.
Dr. Lemley incorporates a variety therapeutics into a weight management protocol to facilitate healthy and lasting weight management:
- Hormone Management and Hormone Testing (all hormones like thyroid, estradiol, estriol, cortisol, DHEA, progesterone, testosterone, etc) for optimal health.
- Testing insulin, blood sugar tests, and other tests for insulin resistance
- 5-MTHFR genetic testing
- Vitamin D and specific nutrient testing
- Digestive analysis/stool testing
- Food sensitivity testing (a common culprit)
- Clinic Nutrition
- Incorporation of Intramuscular injections
- Vitamin B12, B6, and...
- Lipo-Vite Injections